KC Streetcar Wrap Eligibility
The KC Streetcar Authority partners with community organizations to “wrap” a streetcar. The KC Streetcar Vehicle Wrap Sponsorship Program serves as a partnership between the Kansas City Streetcar Authority (KCSA) and a Kansas City community asset such as an area sports team, landmark, or organization. These streetcar wraps are generally paid for by the community organization and not by the KC Streetcar Authority.
There are FOUR categories of eligible KC Streetcar wrap sponsors, which may be comprised of for-profit or non-profit organizations. KC Streetcar wraps are not open to corporate sponsorships at this time.
Below are descriptions of eligible sponsorship proposals.
- Promotion of significant Kansas City arts, landmarks, museums, sports, and entertainment.
- Examples: KC Ballet; 18th & Vine District; Kansas City Chiefs.
- Events or organizational milestones that have significant cultural, community or economic impact.
- Examples: The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum to support and honor the 100-year anniversary of the Negro Leagues; Worlds of Fun 50 Year Anniversary.
- Events and celebrations that have a proven history of attracting visitors to Kansas City and our streetcar alignment (tourism, local and out-of-town).
- Examples: Annual Comic-Con convention; (but not a corporate convention); Big XII basketball tournament (but not a brand-named sponsor of the tournament); Boulevardia (not Boulevard Beer).
- Public entities and public attractions on the KC Streetcar line and within the KC Streetcar Corridor Transportation Development District (TDD).
- Examples: University of Missouri-Kansas City; Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art; Kansas City Public Library; Union Station; Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
All KC Streetcar sponsorships are subject to review and approval by KCSA and KCSA fully reserves the right to deny sponsorship requests at their sole discretion.
If you are interested in partnering with the KC Streetcar Authority on a streetcar wrap, please contact Donna Mandelbaum at email@example.com.
And remember…the KC Streetcar is NOT A BILLBOARD!