Municipal ordinances and State statutes state that failure to comply with the following may result in criminal prosecution.
- No smoking on the streetcar or at streetcar stops.
- No eating on the streetcar.
- Do not bring weapons onto the streetcar.
- No pets allowed on board the streetcar except for service animals as defined by the ADA.
- Service animals must either be leashed or held by its owner.
- Do not solicit money or distribute literature on the streetcar or at streetcar stops.
- Do not loiter on the streetcar or at streetcar stops.
- Do not be disruptive. This includes behavior, language and in personal hygiene.
- All passengers must deboard streetcar when arriving at Union Station.
- Facial coverings, including masks and hoods covering the face, are not permitted on the KC Streetcar due to safety and security concerns. The only exceptions are those observing religious or cultural customs.
Exercise common courtesy so that everyone has a pleasant experience.
- Let passengers off the streetcar before you get on.
- Shirt/top and shoes are required to ride the streetcar.
- Put a lid or cap on beverage containers to prevent spills.
- Respect fellow passengers and the streetcar operator.
- Do not hang from overhead streetcar handrails or straps.
- Use appropriate language and content in your conversations.
- Use earphones to listen to personal entertainment devices.
- The fold-down seating area is designated for the elderly or persons with disabilities. Please accommodate them even if it means you must stand for your trip.
- If a passenger boards while carrying a child on a full streetcar, kindly offer them your seat.
- Do not sleep, lie down or take more room than you need on board the streetcar.
- Limit personal items to those you can personally carry. Please don’t place personal items on the seats.
- Keep your feet off the seat.
- No shopping carts on board the streetcar.
Follow these important safety rules so that everyone arrives safely at their destination.
- Remember, it is unsafe to attempt to board as the streetcar leaves a stop.
- Remember to always hold on to a designated holding point while standing on the streetcar.
- Keep bicycles and strollers in middle section of streetcar (designated & signed area). An open stroller or bike in the aisle is a hazard for everyone on board.
- Keep children safe by either securely holding them or keeping them seated during the ride.
- Maintain a firm hold on all personal items you place on the floor, and keep seats, aisles and doorways clear of personal items.
- Move out of the aisle if possible to make way for boarding and unboarding passengers.
- After unboarding, move a safe distance from the streetcar.
NEVER cross (step) in front of the streetcar, unless it is stopped at a red light.