Request for Information for Streetcar Project Delivery
The Kansas City Streetcar Authority (KCSA), in partnership with the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA), has issued a Request for Information (RFI) for innovative project delivery methods to support the extension and operations of the KC Streetcar.
Click here for the full RFI. Responses are due back via email to Tom Gerend at email@example.com by 10:00 a.m. on March 2, 2018.
Click here for a copy of the formally submitted questions and related responses.
Together, the KCSA and KCATA are engaged in the process of evaluating innovative project delivery opportunities and various public-private partnership delivery models for a KC Streetcar extension. This will aid in the eventual selection of a final delivery and financing model for the KC Streetcar extension. Additional local partners including the City of Kansas City, MO, and Port KC will also advise on the local process.
The purpose of this RFI is to generate information that may help confirm and/or refine assumptions regarding innovative delivery and financing options to support streetcar extension. This RFI is intended solely to obtain such information and assist the RideKC team on an administrative level.
Currently, two independent KC Streetcar extension planning efforts are underway:
- 0.75 mile Riverfront Extension via the Grand Avenue Viaduct to Berkley Riverfront
- 5 mile Main Street Extension from Union Station to the University of Missouri, Kansas City Volker Campus.
RideKC is looking for information on project delivery options including operations, maintenance and finance methods that are related to a combined (two-part) extension, inclusive of both Riverfront and Main Street, or information that is specific to an individual extension (Riverfront or Main Street).
The timeline for this activity is:
- Issue Request for Information: January 18, 2018
- Questions from interested applicants to the RideKC team via electronic mail: February 5, 2018
- Request for Information responses due back to the KC Streetcar office, via electronic mail, on March 2, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.