KC Streetcar Summer Music Series Line-up Announced
The KC Streetcar Authority, along with the Art in the Loop Foundation, is pleased to announce the line-up for the KC Streetcar Summer Music Series.
As part of the 2018 Art in the Loop Project: KC Plays, the Kansas City Streetcar is hosting eight live musical performances on board the streetcars and at streetcar stops during the months of July and August. Music will range from folk, hip-hop, soul, rumba, heavy metal and Afro-Caribbean, with both original music and covers of popular songs performed by local artists.
Find, and listen to, the music every Wednesday, from 11:30 am to 1:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Specific streetcar stop locations will be announced on the KC Streetcar website (www.kcstreetcar.org) and social media sites:
- July 18 on board the streetcar, Martha Haehl, Karen Hendricks & Roberta VonFange (folk, rock & roll, gospel)
- July 18, 5:30 – 7:30pm Hammerhedd (heavy metal inspired)
- July 25, 5:30 – 7:30pm, KC Rumba Collective (Afro-Cuban drum)
- Aug. 1, The Center State (folk Americana)
- Aug. 8 on board the streetcar, Mundo Nouvo (Afro-Caribbean)
- Aug. 15 on board the streetcar, Pink Royal (soulful pop)
- Aug. 22, They Call Me Sauce (hip-hop)
- Aug. 29 on board the streetcar, Noah Davis (soul, r&b, British rock)
The 2018 Art in the Loop Summer Music Series creates opportunities for local emerging and established musicians to reach new audiences and infuse downtown with diverse and exciting music.
“We are excited to bring such a diverse sound of music to our streetcar riders as well as elevate the musical talent our city has to offer,” said Donna Mandelbaum, communications director of the KC Streetcar Authority. “Our partnership with the Art in the Loop Foundation has helped us enhance the streetcar ridership experience in ways we didn’t even imagine,” Mandelbaum continued.
For more information about Art in the Loop, the artists and performance schedule visit www.artintheloop.com, www.facebook.com/artintheloop, or twitter.com/ArtintheLoop.
For Art in the Loop inquiries, please contact Ann Holliday with the Downtown Council at 816.979.1072 (direct) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For KC Streetcar inquiries, contact Donna Mandelbaum with the KC Streetcar Authority at 816.627.2526 (office), 816.877.3219 (cell) or by email at email@example.com. The KC Streetcar is also on Twitter (@kcstreetcar), Facebook (@kcstreetcar) and Instagram.