Apply for the KC Streetcar Holiday Jam
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 23, 2023 by 11:59 P.M. (CST)
Performances will take place predominately during weekday evenings or on the weekend between November 25 – December 20, 2023.
Selected musicians will be notified no later than November 6, 2023.
The Kansas City Streetcar is looking for talented, local musicians to entertain riders during the holiday season. Do you want to perform in front of an audience in a uniquely different way? Do you want to engage with the riders on board the Kansas City Streetcar and at streetcar stops? With more than 12 million passenger trips in 7 years of service, you will reach many ears and hearts with your music.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to perform your music (both original and covers allowed) on board the KC Streetcar or at a streetcar stop. Inclusion of holiday music in sets is encouraged but not mandatory.
Performances are anticipated to take place during weekday evenings and on weekends but a schedule will not be finalized until mid-November.
APPLICATION NOW CLOSED
Rules of the Rail:
- Performances will take place between November 25 – December 20, 2023, mostly during the weekday evening hours and weekend afternoon/evening hours. Specific schedule will be available in mid-November.
- Musicians to receive $300 payment for one, 90 minute performance. This time slot may include set-up and breaks.
- There are no power outlets on board the streetcar.
- Musicians must be able to perform acoustic-style while on board the streetcar or provide a small amplification system that is battery powered.
- If performing at a streetcar stop, musicians must be able to provide their own amplification system. A portable power source is a plus.
- Musicians are welcome to bring band merchandise and music to sell.
- This is a competitive selection process. Qualified applicants will be notified of their selection status no later than November 6.
- Musicians must be local. Musicians can be individual or groups. Group size on board a streetcar is limited to 3.
- Specific performance dates and times are still to be determined but performances will take place during the early evening hours (4-8pm) during the week and weekend afternoon and evening hours as well.
- Some performances may take place adjacent to the KC Streetcar route such as outside of Union Station or in the City Market.
- The KC Streetcar Authority will provide onsite management and promotions for the day of event, this includes photography and videography that will be posted on all KC Streetcar social media channels. Musicians are encouraged to photograph, video and document their performance as well.
Applications Due: Wednesday, October 23, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. CST.