- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Info
- About KC Streetcar
- Explore the Route
- How to Ride
- News + Events
For May 6-7, Main Street between 20th Street and Pershing Road will be closed to thru traffic. Streetcars and Ride KC buses will run in this section only as well as access for local businesses.
There will be no on-street parking on Main Street May 5-7, as well as no parking along the south side of 5th Street between Delaware and Walnut May 6 -7.
For all the travel details, including info on FREE RideKC bus service to downtown on May 6, check out the hotel and parking information below!
For all the details visit https://www.visitkc.com/visitors/where-stay to book your stay.
· FREE RideKC bus service is being offered on all local, express and shuttle service that connects to downtown on May 6. There will also be additional RideKC Max bus service on Main Street the weekend of May 6 & 7.
· Consider taking a bike to the festivities! With 13 B-cycle stations in Greater Downtown, 7 of which are within two blocks of the streetcar line, you can park anywhere in downtown and easily bike to all the fun activities! B-Cycle will be offering FREE 30-minute trips all day on Friday with the code 5616 from all stations!
(Please be aware, while the Streetcar is bicycle, wheelchair and stroller friendly, storing bicycles ON the Streetcar will NOT be allowed during opening weekend due to the anticipated numbers of guests hoping to ride.)
· Main Street between 20th and Pershing Road will be closed to traffic. Union Station parking and Crown Center parking via Grand Blvd. will remain accessible. A full map of local parking locations is posted on www.timetoridekc.org.
· Main Street north of 20th will remain open to traffic, however, no street parking will be allowed on Main Street or on the south side of 5th Street between Main and Walnut on May 6 & 7.
· To see an extensive list of Downtown Kansas City parking options, please visit https://www.visitkc.com/visitors/getting-around/parking-kansas-city.