You’re invited to take a guided Art in the Loop tour along the KC Streetcar route of the 2023 art installations.
On Wednesday, September 13, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., Kansas City is invited to take part in a guided art tour to learn more about what inspired the celebratory artworks from the 2023 Art in the Loop artists. The Art Walk & Ride begins at the Union Station Streetcar Stop at 5:30 p.m. with artists Khyneesha Edwards and Fred Trease. From there, the journey continues with a ride on the Disco Cloud KC Streetcar, stopping at designated Art in the Loop streetcar stops and the ARTwall at 13th and Grand Blvd.
The Art Walk will conclude in the City Market with a live musical performance by Zee Underscore and light reception by Taste of Brazil. Guests arriving by streetcar, bus, bike, or ride share can meet at the Union Station streetcar stop. Guests arriving by car, may pay to park in the Union Station parking garage or in the City Market.
- Guided art tour along the KC Streetcar line with 2023 Art in the Loop artists, Art in the Loop Visual Art Director Marissa Starke, and Performance Art Director, Jade Osborne. The tour will take approximately 60-70 minutes and will include walking and riding the KC Streetcar.
- A live performance from Zee Underscore who will take you on a journey through her passion, realization of self, and freedom of expression.
- Light snacks and beverages provided by Taste of Brazil following the tour.
The Art Walk will include stops at the following streetcar stops and artworks:
- Arin Yoon, Here, With You, at the River Market North Streetcar Stop
- Adrianne Clayton, The Little Princess, at the ARTwall at 13th and Grand
- Bubblegum Kurt, Party Balloons, (Progressive live painting) at the Crossroads Northbound Streetcar Stop
- Fred Trease, Disco Cloud, on KC Streetcar #804
- Isaiah Lee, Demonstrations 3, at the Metro Center Northbound Streetcar Stop
- Kaitlyn B. Jones, How to Build an Altar for the Living, at the Library Southbound Streetcar Stop
- Khyneesha Edwards, Black Boy Joy, at the Union Station Streetcar Stop
- Madeline Marak, Flower Garden, at the River Market West Streetcar Stop
For Art in the Loop questions, contact Art in the Loop Visual Art Director, Marissa Starke, email@example.com, or Program Director, Ann Holliday, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this year’s project, visit www.artintheloop.com, www.facebook.com/artintheloop, or twitter.com/ArtintheLoop.