On track this summer.
A year after the official groundbreaking of the KC Downtown Streetcar project, the project is more than 70% complete. With two streetcar stops completed and two more under construction, the project is making swift progress and has remained on schedule and on budget.
Southbound track is fully connected from 3rd St in the River Market to 20th St in the Crossroads Art District. Northbound track is nearly complete with the last sections in the Central Business District and at 3rd and Grand, and towards the Singleton Yard, currently under construction.
As of June 1, 2015:
- 82% of track is fully constructed (17,937 feet complete out of 21,771 total feet)
- 96% of water and sewer replacements and upgrades is complete
- 79% of work on the Singleton Yard vehicle maintenance facility is complete
- Nearly 300 out of 330 OCS foundations built
- Two streetcar platforms complete, two under construction
Click here for a full image of progress charts.