Soundtrack for the Streetcar
On Friday, August 5, between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., KC Streetcar patrons will have a unique opportunity to experience new and original music composed by local artist Stacy Busch for the KC Streetcar.
Soundtrack for the City is a musical experience designed specifically for the Kansas City Streetcar. Busch composed 9 songs that are inspired by the various stops along the streetcar route. To enjoy the performance, simply hop off the streetcar and listen to the music which will be playing on the kiosks at all KC Streetcar stops.
Interested in learning more? Meet the composer, Stacy Busch, at the Metro Center NB stop next to the Town Pavilion at 12th & Main Streets, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Friday, August 5.
Click here to learn more about the artist and preview the music!
This project is made possible because of a partnership with the Art in the Loop Foundation and the Kansas City Streetcar Authority.
Art in the Loop is partnering with the KC Streetcar Authority to install the following temporary installations and performances at streetcar stops from July through September:
Artist and Art Installations
- Rachelle Gardner-Roe, I See You (Power & Light District Stop – Northbound)
- Andrew Lattner, Alternating Currents (Metro Center Stop/Petticoat Lane)
- m.o.i., minister of information, rail – bike – rail (Library Stop – Southbound)
- Rickey Moss, Imagine That!, Intersections (Kauffman Center Stop – Southbound)
- Lauren Thompson, Life Turning (Delaware St Bridge)
- White Art Studio, SOUNDSHAPES (Power & Light District Stop – Southbound)
Performances (Fridays, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p. m.)
- Elizabeth Stehling, dance performance, The Inspired Pedestrians, starts at Union Station and ends at Kauffman Stop NB, Occurred on July 15
- Stacy Busch, composes and presents Soundtrack for the City, location to be announced, August 5
- Amado Espinoza and Karen Lisondra, Streetcar SoundTracks: Recycled World Duo, Metro Center Stop, August 12
- Jon Johnson directs improvisational theatrical performance, Connections, starts at Union Station, August 19
- Mnemosyne Quartet produces Transient Harmony, a music and sound performance at the Power & Light District and Library Stops, September 2
- Beau Bledsoe and Ensemble Iberica perform Cubanisms, River Market West Stop, September 9