The 2016 Art in the Loop Project: Connect infuses the center of Downtown Kansas City with innovative and engaging temporary art that will refresh, intrigue and surprise Downtown employees, residents, and visitors. The project also creates opportunities for local emerging and established artists to extend their practice into the Downtown environment with curatorial, professional and logistical support.
Download the 2016 Art on the Line Flyer here.
Art in the Loop is partnering with the KC Streetcar Authority to install the following temporary installations and performances at streetcar stops from July through September:
Artist and Art Installations
- Rachelle Gardner-Roe, I See You (Power & Light District Stop – Northbound)
- Andrew Lattner, Alternating Currents (Metro Center Stop/Petticoat Lane)
- m.o.i., minister of information, rail – bike – rail (Library Stop – Southbound)
- Rickey Moss, Imagine That!, Intersections (Kauffman Center Stop – Southbound)
- Lauren Thompson, Life Turning (Delaware St Bridge)
- White Art Studio, SOUNDSHAPES (Power & Light District Stop – Southbound)
Performances (Fridays, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p. m.)
- Elizabeth Stehling, dance performance, The Inspired Pedestrians, starts at Union Station and ends at Kauffman Stop NB, July 15, 12pm-2pm
- Stacy Busch, composes and presents Soundtrack for the City, location to be announced, August 5
- Amado Espinoza and Karen Lisondra, Streetcar SoundTracks: Recycled World Duo, Metro Center Stop, August 12
- Jon Johnson directs improvisational theatrical performance, Connections, starts at Union Station, August 19
- Mnemosyne Quartet produces Transient Harmony, a music and sound performance at the Power & Light District and Library Stops, September 2
- Beau Bledsoe and Ensemble Iberica perform Cubanisms, River Market West Stop, September 9
To learn more about each of these artists, visit the Art in the Loop website here.