Request for Qualifications/Proposals
The Kansas City Streetcar Authority (KCSA) is looking for qualified firms or individuals (Proposers) interested in providing legal services for the KC Streetcar Authority.
The Kansas City Streetcar Authority (KCSA) is issuing this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Legal Services from qualified law firms and/or individual attorneys interested in supporting KCSA’s organizational needs moving forward. Respondents will be competing against each other for selection to provide the services set forth herein.
The submissions of all respondents shall be compared and evaluated pursuant to the evaluation criteria set forth in this RFQ, and multiple respondents may be selected. KCSA may enter into a services agreement and statement of work with qualified selected respondents.
This RFQ seeks qualified responses to support the related scope of work as outlined below:
- Board and Committee Support – Support in-person and virtual KCSA Board of Directors Meetings (6 per year), and committee meetings as requested.
- Contract Development and Review – Draft KCSA sponsored contracts, review contracts as requested, and counsel KCSA Board of Directors and Executive Director on contractual strategy to ensure KCSA interests are represented and protected.
- On-Call Support – Provide on-call professional legal assistance and representation to the organization, Executive Director, and Chairman of the Board of Directors as needed related to unforeseen contract or litigation activity.
- Stakeholder Coordination – Support coordination with external partners and external legal counsel representatives as needed to ensure strong, productive, and professional relationships are maintained and strengthened through KCSA’s current and future work. Assist in identifying creative and practical legal solutions to advance KCSA’s mission and objectives.
- Litigation Support – Represent KCSA, the Board of Directors, and the Executive Director when, and if, assigned regarding agency litigation or related matters.
Questions about this RFQ must be submitted in writing by January 18, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, please click on the below RFQ and submit the required information by 3:00 p.m. January 25, 2023, to Tom Gerend, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. All responses shall be submitted in PDF format via e-mail. Firms should not submit bound hard copies of the proposal. Only email submissions will be accepted.
Proposals are due by 3:00 p.m. CST on January 25, 2023
- RFQ is released January 4, 2023
- Deadline for questions is January 18, 2023
- Proposals due to the KC Streetcar Authority on January 25 2023, by 3:00 p.m. CST
- Final selection determined in February 2023