The KC Streetcar is currently hiring for an Inventory Clerk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and issues parts and material to include warranty, non-warranty, OEM, sub-supplier, and regular shop supplies
- Prepare periodic inventory reports utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Herzog’s proprietary Management Information System
- Conduct Cycle Count inventory processes to ensure accuracy and timely execution in accordance with any and all FTA guidelines and requirements as communicated by KC Streetcar Management.
- Maintain and evaluate inventory records for project inventory with special attention to FTA records maintenance requirements.
- Maintain adequate volume of parts, supplies and materials inventory to support vehicle and systems maintenance
- Create and implement an efficient space utilization plan to ensure the proper storage and safe access of inventory parts in coordination with Mechanical and Safety Management.
- Routinely report Critical Short inventory levels to maintain Mid-Max levels of critical inventory and to project timelines of orders placed based on supplier and manufacturer lead times.
- Adherence and compliance to proper procedures for locating and utilizing product inventory
- Check orders for accuracy and quality control; maintain levels of quality and accuracy enforced.
- Assist Management with creating inventory standard operating procedures.
- Maintain inventory control including parts, materials and supplies.
- Procure parts, materials and supplies in strict compliance with Herzog, KCSA and the City of Kansas City’s policies and procedures for Purchasing, Requests for Quotes, and submitting Purchase Orders.
- Tracks and reports to Management all open Purchase Orders, Requests for Quotes, and other outstanding Inventory requests.
- Understand and adhere to the safety rules and requirements in the workplace including OSHA, FTA Requirements, and HERZOG Policies.
- Receive and maintain warehouse training
- Operate warehouse equipment, as needed
- Assist with asset management activities
- All other duties as assigned
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Previous Inventory Management experience
- Previous Inventory Management software knowledge and reporting experience
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
- Excellent math and accounting skills
- Familiarity with federal, state and local asset management policies and regulations
- Ability to operate a forklift