Crossroads Track Complete
5,034 feet of track in the Crossroads Arts District.
This week marks a milestone in KC Streetcar Construction with the completion of 5,034 feet of track in the Crossroads Arts District. Additionally, crews are painting centerlines, directional arrows, stop bars, and crosswalks along Main Street from Truman Road South to 20th Street.
“To date, a majority of the streetcar work has been underground with the upgrading of water and sewer lines, installation of conduit, and movement of utilities,” stated Meghan Jansen, public information manager for KC Streetcar Constructors. “Construction is on schedule, and the public will continue to see larger, more visible areas of progress as we head into the summer,” Jansen continued.
In addition to track work, progress continues project-wide.
As of April 1st:
- 59% of track has been fully constructed (12,906 track feet complete out of 21,771 total feet).
- 93% of water and sewer replacements and upgrades are complete.
- 67% of work on the Singleton Yard vehicle maintenance facility is complete.
- 75% of track construction in the River Market loop is complete.
- The first station stop is under construction on the west side of Main south of 16th
Click here for more streetcar construction progress.
For more information, contact the KC Streetcar office at email@example.com or 816-804-8882.