KC Streetcar Holiday Jam 2018
Who doesn’t like Free? Head downtown this holiday season and enjoy some free live music on board the free KC Streetcar as you explore downtown from the City Market to Union Station.
As part of the Downtown Dazzle events, the Kansas City Streetcar, in partnership with 90.9 The Bridge, is hosting ten live musical performances on board the streetcars.
Music will range from traditional holiday music, covers and original music performed by local artists. Enjoy the holidays downtown and on board the KC Streetcar this season.
“Performing on the KC Streetcar is a dream come true for me because it is yet another opportunity to do what I love and reach people in a positive light. It is a very compelling gesture that the KC Streetcar not only recognizes true talent right here in Kansas City, but they are willing to do what it takes to provide a platform for us musicians to express ourselves to the city that we absolutely love, as well as to our visitors and tourists,” said local jazz musician Christopher “CNote” Nickens.
“It’s important for musicians to have new and exciting ways of getting their music out to the public,” said Jesse Akers of The Pine Drivers. “The KC Streetcar Holiday Jam not only allows musicians to do that but also encourages them to have fun and interact with their audience in a uniquely interactive way,” Akers continued.
See the full line-up below and make plans to spend your holidays in downtown Kansas City.
- Saturday, Nov. 24, 12:00-2:00pm: Carolers of Note on board the Streetcar and in The City Market (Traditional holiday music)
- Friday, Nov. 30, 5:00-7:00pm: AJ Young on board the Streetcar (Rock music)
- Saturday, Dec. 1, 12:00-2:00pm: The Center State on board the Streetcar (Original and Covers: Folk Rock music)
- Saturday, Dec. 1, 1:00-3:00pm: Ayllu on board the Streetcar (Original Latin Folk/Rock music)
- Saturday, Dec. 11, 3:00-5:00pm: Cowtown Country Club on board the Streetcar (Vocal harmonies, Classic Western Swing music)
- Friday, Dec. 7, 5:00-7:00pm: Ernest James Zydeco on board the Streetcar (New Orleans style Zydeco music)
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 12:00-2:00pm: Christopher “CNote” Nickens on board the Streetcar (Smooth Jazz and traditional holiday music)
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 12:00-2:00pm: 2CellosKC (Meredith McCook and Susie Yang of the KC Symphony) on board the Streetcar (Classical and traditional holiday music. Two cellos, no vocals)
- Saturday, Dec. 15, 4:00-6:00pm: The Pine Drivers on board the Streetcar (Original Americana music)
- Saturday, Dec. 15, 6:00-8:00pm: They Call Me Sauce at Ruby Jean’s Juicery at 1111 Main Street on the KC Streetcar line (Original hip-hop/rap music)
*Schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. All attempts will be made to reschedule.