Jam Down the Streetcar Line
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 19, 2018. The application process is now closed.
Selected musicians will be notified by November 6, 2018.
Do you want to perform in front of an audience in a uniquely different way? Do you want to engage with the riders on board the Kansas City Streetcar and at streetcar stops? With more than 5,000,000 rides in the first 2 1/2 years of service, you will reach many ears and hearts with your music.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to perform your music (both original and covers allowed) on board the KC Streetcar or at a streetcar stop. Inclusion of holiday music in sets is encouraged but not mandatory.
The Kansas City Streetcar is looking for talented, local musicians to entertain riders during the holiday season. In partnership with Visit KC’s Downtown Dazzle experience, local musicians will get to experience performing in a unique setting, engaging with their audience in a distinctive way.
How to apply:
- Send Resume/CV, artist statement + music sample.
- Please send links to an online music sample or video. Applications without music samples will not be considered. If applications are incomplete, they will not be accepted.
- Within the artist statement, please indicate why you’d like to perform on board the streetcar and/or at a streetcar stop and what instruments you would use during your performance.
- Applications are due Friday, October 19, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. CST.
Rules of the Rail:
- Musicians to receive $300 payment for one 2-hour performance with breaks.
- Musicians are welcome to bring band merchandise and music to sell.
- This is a competitive selection process. Qualified applicants will be notified of their selection status prior to Nov. 6.
- Musicians must be local. Musicians can be individual or groups. Group size on board a streetcar is limited to 4.
- Musicians must be able to perform acoustic-style while on board the streetcar or provide a small amplification system that is battery powered.
- If performing at a streetcar stop, musicians must be able to provide their own amplification system. A portable power source is a plus. * This may work on board the streetcars as well.
- Specific performance dates and times to be determined but performances will happen during the early evening hours (4-8pm) during the week and weekend.
- The KC Streetcar Authority will provide onsite management and promotions for the day of event but musicians are encouraged to photograph, video and document their performance as well.
- How does one perform music on a streetcar? Click here to watch: http://kcstreetcar.org/streetcar-sessions-sky-smeed/
Performance Dates + Locations:
- Saturday, November 24, 2018 on board the KC Streetcar and at the City Market
- Week of November 25, 2018 at a KC Streetcar stop and/or on-board a KC Streetcar vehicle
- Week of December 2, 2018 at a KC Streetcar stop and/or on-board a KC Streetcar vehicle
- Week of December 9, 2018 at a KC Streetcar stop and/or on-board a KC Streetcar vehicle
- Week of December 16, 2018 at a KC Streetcar stop and/or on-board a KC Streetcar vehicle
There is a possibility of a performance date of Saturday, November 24, to kick-off the holiday (and shopping) season downtown.
Applications Due: Friday, October 19, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. CST.